Associate in Arts, General Studies
The Associate in Arts degree is awarded for the successful completion of a two-year program which includes the major components of the General Education Requirements. Its shorter curriculum concentrates on subject matter which is general or vocational.
The aims of the General Studies Associate in Arts degree are:
- To provide the student with broad exposure to the liberal arts in areas of humanities, sciences, quantitative reasoning, and social sciences.
- To provide the student with foundational understanding of the Bible and Christian living.
- To provide opportunity for the student to sample areas of interest through selection of electives.
- Spiritual Development – Students completing the Core Curriculum will demonstrate an understanding of Christian beliefs and values, a Christian worldview, and how Christian values relate to their academic studies. Additionally, they will develop spiritually in a manner consistent with faith in Jesus Christ.
- Reasoning and Communication – Students completing the Core Curriculum will demonstrate the ability to think critically, employ ethical reasoning, and communicate effectively.
- Science and Mathematics – Students completing the Core Curriculum will demonstrate scientific and mathematical reasoning.
- Humanities and Social Sciences – Students completing the Core Curriculum will demonstrate knowledge of and reasoning with the humanities and social sciences.
- Multicultural Awareness – Students completing the Core Curriculum will demonstrate an awareness of multiculturalism and diverse worldviews.
View Course Descriptions
You can explore program details such as course descriptions and graduation requirements for this program in our academic catalog.Go to the Catalog
Questions about Northwest University Oregon?
I would love to answer any questions that you may have.
NU Oregon Enrollment Counselor