Bachelor of Arts in Communication
Communication Skills that Make a Difference
We live in a communication-oriented society. People who can communicate in clear and engaging ways are in high demand in every field. The Bachelor of Arts in Communication provides students with the knowledge and skills they need to fulfill their calling in the workplace and beyond. This program allows students to personalize their experience by choosing from a variety of elective courses and by tailoring many course assignments to meet personal and career interests.
The courses in the Communication major core introduce students to key concepts and modes of communication on an interpersonal and organizational level. The Professional Communication Concentration focuses on specific communication strategies for workplace leaders in courses such as Business and Professional Writing, Conflict Resolution, and Public Relations.
Why Choose a Bachelor in Communication Degree at Northwest University?
Graduates of this program will:
- Create compelling verbal presentations.
- Analyze the effectiveness of various messages.
- Apply communication principles to professional settings.
- Integrate personal spirituality into their own approach to communication.
- Understand ethics and ethical decision making in both for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the fields that a degree in communication can open up for you include:
- Public Relations
- Organizational Management
- Human Resources
- Conflict Resolution and Negotiation
- Government and Politics
- Media and the Entertainment Industry
View Course Descriptions
You can explore program details such as course descriptions and graduation requirements for this program in our academic catalog.Go to the Catalog
Questions about Northwest University Oregon?
I would love to answer any questions that you may have.
NU Oregon Enrollment Counselor