Be a Change Maker
A curious mind, the desire create positive change, and even enjoying a good debate are the perfect raw materials for an influential career in law, government, or a related discipline. But where do you start in such a competitive field? NU's versatile Political Science program offers a relevant education for today's evolving political and business environments. Award-winning professors who are influential change-makers in their own right will be there every step of the way to mentor you, equip you with practical training, and help you develop the skills that define a dynamic civic leader—because making a difference starts with you.
Why Political Science at NU?
- Benefit from small classes sizes that enable one-on-one interaction with faculty members who are internationally recognized in their fields.
- Study the professional aspects of law, public policy, and government while refining your speaking and writing skills.
- Integrate your faith with your learning to develop an approach to political science informed by ethics and integrity.
- Join NU's award-winning debate team and face off against opponents from the likes of Harvard and Yale.
- Choose from multiple study-abroad opportunities to gain immersive experience in your chosen field.
- Take advantage of NU's location in the Seattle metro area to access job opportunities, intercultural experiences, and more.
- WA State Attorney General's Office
- Other positions at the WA State Capitol Building in Olympia
Common Career Paths
A degree from NU can help you launch your career immediately after graduation. Some of the fields that a degree in Political Science can open up for you include:
- Military Service
- Government (local, state, and national)
- Nonprofits / NGOs
- Graduate Studies
A complete list of courses can be found in the Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Talk to one of our enrollment counselors to get the answers you need.
Call 1-800-669-3781 or find your counselor online.